Scholarships & Financial Aid
Paying for a Catholic education is an investment in your daughter or son’s future. Morris Catholic High School affords scholarships and grants that may help with the financing of your child’s education.
Morris Catholic offers incoming freshmen several scholarship opportunities.
All scholarship applications must be submitted by December 22, 2021 and will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. All applications are available through our admissions portal online when filling out the Morris Catholic application online. When you complete the online Scholarship requirements (500-word essay on the assigned topic, additional recommendations, and interview), you will be considered for any and all scholarships that are listed below, including the Sister Gemma Scholarship.
- CHRISTOPHER HARRIS THOMAS SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is awarded to students who exhibit leadership in his/her middle school, is considered a role model for other students, and has a strong academic profile. The scholarship is for all four years.
- BLESSED PAULINE SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is named in honor of Blessed Pauline, the foundress of the Sisters of Christian Charity. The Blessed Pauline Scholarship rewards students who demonstrate a well-rounded commitment to Catholic education, academic excellence, and is a student of fine character and faith commitment. This is a four-year scholarship in the range of $1000 to $3,500 per year.
- PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship recognizes citizenship, service and a commitment to Morris Catholic among incoming freshmen. This amount can range depending on the candidate.
- SISTER GEMMA SCHOLARSHIP- Traditionally, we have a separate scholarship exam to determine the recipients of the Sister Gemma Scholarship. On the application form, you may have noticed that there are test dates for the Sister Gemma Scholarship exam. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have decided NOT to have a separate exam for the Sister Gemma Scholarship. We will decide on recipients for the Sister Gemma Scholarship based on the rest of the scholarship application criteria.
- SAINT GENESIUS SCHOLARSHIP- Named after the patron saint of the Arts, the Saint Genesius scholarship will award an incoming freshman $2000 for their first year. The student must demonstrate a dedication to the study of the arts in any area, including theatre, music, dance, visual arts, and technical theatre.
- RATH MERIT SCHOLARSHIP- This scholarship is reserved for those who have displayed a deep intellectual curiosity, have sought out excellence in their academic work and who have demonstrated the capability to undertake the most rigorous academic programs at Morris Catholic. This scholarship can range between $1000 and $5,000 per year.