Scholarships & Financial Aid
Paying for a Catholic education is an investment in your daughter or son’s future. Morris Catholic High School affords scholarships and grants that may help with the financing of your child’s education.
Morris Catholic offers incoming freshmen several scholarship opportunities. All applications are available through our admissions portal online when filling out the Morris Catholic application online. When you complete the online Scholarship requirements (500-word essay on the assigned topic, additional recommendations, and interview), you will be considered for any and all scholarships that are listed below, including the Sister Gemma Scholarship.
- CHRISTOPHER HARRIS THOMAS SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is awarded to students who exhibit leadership in his/her middle school, is considered a role model for other students, and has a strong academic profile. The scholarship is for all four years.
- BLESSED PAULINE SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is named in honor of Blessed Pauline, the foundress of the Sisters of Christian Charity. The Blessed Pauline Scholarship rewards students who demonstrate a well-rounded commitment to Catholic education, academic excellence, and is a student of fine character and faith commitment. This is a four-year scholarship in the range of $1000 to $3,500 per year.
- PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship recognizes citizenship, service and a commitment to Morris Catholic among incoming freshmen. This amount can range depending on the candidate.
- SISTER GEMMA SCHOLARSHIP- Traditionally, we have a separate scholarship exam to determine the recipients of the Sister Gemma Scholarship. On the application form, you may have noticed that there are test dates for the Sister Gemma Scholarship exam. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, we have decided NOT to have a separate exam for the Sister Gemma Scholarship. We will decide on recipients for the Sister Gemma Scholarship based on the rest of the scholarship application criteria.
- SAINT GENESIUS SCHOLARSHIP- Named after the patron saint of the Arts, the Saint Genesius scholarship will award an incoming freshman $2000 for their first year. The student must demonstrate a dedication to the study of the arts in any area, including theater, music, dance, visual arts, and technical theater.
- RATH MERIT SCHOLARSHIP- This scholarship is reserved for those who have displayed a deep intellectual curiosity, have sought out excellence in their academic work and who have demonstrated the capability to undertake the most rigorous academic programs at Morris Catholic. This scholarship can range between $1000 and $5,000 per year.
If you would like to be considered for financial aid for the Academic Year 2024-2025, you must complete a FACTS Grant & Aid Application form online at https://online.factsmgt.com/signin/3K8N6. You will also be required to upload supporting tax documents and W-2 statements directly to FACTS. Completing this application will enable you to be considered for financial aid from both Morris Catholic High School and Tri-County Scholarship Fund. Please note that awards received from Tri-County Scholarship Fund after a Morris Catholic Financial Aid Grant has been awarded, may reduce or replace your Morris Catholic award. In order to qualify for aid from Tri-County, you must reside in Morris, Passaic, or Sussex County.
EARLY NOTIFICATION vs. REGULAR NOTIFICATION
Early Notification: Morris Catholic offers Early Notification to families of incoming freshmen so you will know your financial aid status by the time of registration in January 2024. We strongly urge incoming freshmen families to apply for Early Notification. In order to receive Early Notification, you must submit the online financial aid application, a non-refundable $40 application fee, and all supporting 2022 tax documents (2022 taxes and 2022 W-2 statements) by December 31, 2023. You will then be required to submit your 2023 W-2 statements as soon as they become available, but no later than February 1, 2024. PLEASE NOTE: The FACTS application will not request your 2022 W-2 statements, but Tri-County Scholarship Fund requires them. If you do not submit your 2022 W-2 statements, you will not be considered for aid by Tri-County. Tri-County sends their notifications out separately at a later date, so you will not know your financial aid status from Tri-County until after registration.
Regular Notification: If you miss the December 31, 2023 deadline, you may still apply for financial aid, but you may not receive your financial aid notification from Morris Catholic until after registration. The final deadline for receipt of a “verified” application, $40 application fee, and ALL supporting documents is February 15, 2024. This is a strict deadline. Since it can take up to four weeks for FACTS to “verify” your application, we strongly encourage you to submit your application well in advance of this date. Only complete, verified applications are accepted. If you miss this deadline, you will not be considered for financial aid by Tri-County Scholarship Fund, and it may also make you ineligible, or limited, in the amount of financial aid you receive from Morris Catholic. Regular Notification applicants need to submit their 2022 tax documents and 2023 W-2 statements. You do not need to wait for your 2023 W-2 statements to become available in order to submit your application. You may complete the application and submit it with your 2022 tax documents. Then when your 2021 W-2 statements become available, you may submit them separately, but no later than February 1, 2024.
Notification from Morris Catholic regarding your financial aid status will be mailed by April 2024. If you qualify, a separate notification will be mailed from Tri-County.
If you have any questions concerning the completion of the application, please contact FACTS directly by phone (866-315-9262) or via e-mail: [email protected]. Supporting tax documents and W-2 statements must be in PDF format and uploaded to the FACTS system. Documents may not be sent via email, fax, or mail. Application for financial assistance is required each year.