SAINT GENESIUS SCHOLARSHIP
Summary: This scholarship is established for students who possess both a passion for and have a sense of commitment to pursue their education in the field of fine arts. Fine arts includes the following: theatre and performing arts, vocal and instrumental performance, visual arts, technical theatre, and audio and video technology. The scholarship is named for Saint Genesius, the patron saint of actors and others in fine arts. It is for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Goals: This scholarship will allow a student to foster a sense of pride in themselves and the Department of Fine and Performing Arts at Morris Catholic. We hope it will deepen the student’s desire to advance their talents, skills and abilities, and use them for the common good, while being ever grateful to God for their talents. This scholarship is made available to all current students and those who have been accepted for admission to Morris Catholic High School and possess a sincere interest and passion in fine arts. While the scholarship is a one-year award, a student is eligible to apply each year and can be awarded the scholarship multiple times.
Major Components: The following criteria serves as the basis for receiving the scholarship. For those who receive the scholarship multiple times, a separate application must be made and all four components must be met for each award.
- Academic excellence
- Financial need
- Participation in Fine Arts programs - can be school based and or community based organizations.
- Behavior consistent with the Morris Catholic Code of Conduct
Annual amount: $2,000
How to Apply:
- In order to apply, please complete the online application, which can be found on the homepage of the Morris Catholic website.
- In addition to completing the application, each applicant must provide the name and contact information for one recommender. The recommender must be a teacher, coach or person who has worked with the student in the arts.
- The deadline for the scholarship application is May 1, 2017.