Scholarships & Financial Aid
Paying for a Catholic education is an investment in your daughter or son’s future. Morris Catholic High School affords scholarships and grants that may help with the financing of your child’s education.
2016-2017 Academic Year
Morris Catholic offers incoming freshmen four scholarship opportunities.
All scholarship applications must be submitted by December 31st and will be reviewed by the Advancement Scholarship Committee. All applications are available through our admissions portal online when filling out the Morris Catholic application online.
- CHRISTOPHER HARRIS THOMAS SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is awarded to one student who exhibits leadership in his/her middle school, is considered a role model for other students, and has a strong academic profile. The scholarship is in the amount of $2,500 for all four years.
- BLESSED PAULINE SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship is named in honor of Blessed Pauline, the foundress of the Sisters of Christian Charity. The Blessed Pauline Scholarship rewards students who demonstrate a well-rounded commitment to Catholic education, demonstrates academic excellence, and is a student of fine character and faith commitment. This is a four year scholarship in the range of $500 to $2,000 per year.
- PRESIDENTIAL SCHOLARSHIP - This scholarship recognizes citizenship and service among incoming freshmen. The award is in the range of $500 to $1,000 for freshman year only.
- SISTER GEMMA SCHOLARSHIP - Named in honor of Sister of Christian Charity Sister Gemma Streit, who tirelessly served Morris Catholic, 8th grade students are invited to take the Scholarship exam on either December 2, and 9 (No makeup date will be offered). The scholarship will be awarded based on the results of the exam, overall academic records, and strong moral character. Four $5,000 scholarships will be offered for all four years.
- SAINT GENESIUS SCHOLARSHIP- Named after the patron saint of the Arts, the Saint Genesius scholarship will award an incoming freshman $2000 for their first year. The student must demonstrate a dedication to the study of the arts in any area, including: theatre, music, dance, visual arts, and technical theatre.
We ask all scholarship applicants to provide us with all requirements.
- Two Recommendation Letters, one from your school principal PLUS one from either your pastor or a community Civic Leader (ex. scout leader, mayor).
- Student Cover Letter, describing why you want to come to Morris Catholic and why you are a worthy candidate for a scholarship.
- 500 Word Essay: What famous person would you meet from the past and why.
- List of five references who are not family members. Please provide their full contact information including their name, phone number,email address, and what their association is with you.
- All of these can be submitted through our online admissions portal.